ABOUT INSTAGRAM TUMBLR TWITTER
Booey's visit + Memorial ceremony! (picture-heavy)
Tuesday, July 2, 2013 • 6:09 AM • 3 comments

So today, I met up with Booey who was visiting from Saigon because she's in Vietnam too!  She's my daughter/friend from Kentucky and we just happened to be in the same country at the same time and so we hung out for a bit before she went to the farms to visit her family.  My cousin and his friend Ngoc took us to a really nice cafe with a lot of scenery to take pictures at!  Excuse my lobster faces though, I sweat a lot and turn red when it's humid/hot out.


(I'm on the left, Booey's on the right)  

We ordered our drinks, I got the Ca Phe Sua Da (Iced Milk Coffee) and Booey got the fresh Coconut juice.  The thing about the ca phe sua da is I always have to let the ice melt out a little first.  They usually make my coffee too bitter for my tastes.  I like my food sweet. Booey's coconut juice was good too though, and they give iced tea to go with our drinks.  I promise you thats tea and not beer, even if it doesn't look like it. 
awww yeah, our drinks!  Mine (left), Booey (right)

So we're a little odd, my uncle suggested we go here for the scenery so we ran around taking pictures like weirdos.  It was hard for us to take photos because I don't have a tripod here with me and my lens is a little broken so setting autotimer was difficult for me.  
Ok so we're a little odd

Booey's out of focus in this one ;-;

Oh look, shrooms! (they're fake by the way)

Simple scenery shots of the cafe!

Then after Booey and I parted, my family had a memorial ceremony for my great-grandparents which involves a large luncheon like my cousins in Saigon had.  This was just as large, but the problem this time is I had to help prepare it this time.  It was painstaking to be honest, I had to make the butterfly shrimp, crab rangoon and peel apart eggroll sheets. 
 The large table of food we had

 The elders of the gathering!

The kiddy table, officially in the kitchen

It's a great experience being able to see my extended family like that.  All my life as a kid I never thought my family was very big and I was always jealous of friends who always had relatives in other states coming into visit and having family gatherings. Relatives who gave them money on Chinese New Years every year, drove them places, covering for them, letting them sleepover - it was something I always really wished for and I have all of that here in Vietnam.  Events like this make me feel blessed and thankful for what I have here now.  It's really great being here in my hometown and being able to experience this.

Tomorrow I'm headed out for the beach!  I'll make sure to blog about it and I'll even try to make a vlog about it too!  I won't have my laptop so I'm crossing my fingers wherever we're staying will have wifi.  I'll be there until Saturday and I'll make sure to get lots of pictures of the beach and everything!  


Find me elsewhere!

Labels: , ,



PASTFUTURE

Hello there! I'm Vickie and I humbly welcome you to my blog. I blog about personal life and items I occasionally review, I hope you can find something useful out of my blog.
Thank you for reading!


Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin
UPCOMING POSTS

Rosy's Garden Review
Hair color progression!






Contact Me!
vmtang01@louisville.edu
I'm willing to accept sponsorships and promote you, just email me from the above or contact me via another social network!





Copyright © 2013 | chocosaur.net | X X X